MicroStrategy Extends its BI Expertise and Analytics into Social MediaMicroStrategy entered the market for social software with several products aimed at capitalizing on the growing market of Facebook-compatible applications. MicroStrategy's social intelligence offerings fall into two categories: Enterprise Social Intelligence and Consumer Social Intelligence. These products can be used in different combinations by organizations worldwide to harness the power of Facebook data.Enterprise Social Intelligence Products
- MicroStrategy Gateway for Facebook. Released in July 2011, MicroStrategy Gateway for Facebook provides high capacity connectivity between enterprise IT environments and Facebook's social graph using Facebook's open APIs.
- MicroStrategy Wisdom. Released in December 2011, MicroStrategy Wisdom is an analytic application built on MicroStrategy's BI platform which owners of Facebook-compatible applications can use to segment and analyze their Facebook application user populations.
- MicroStrategy Alert. Released in July 2011, MicroStrategy Alert is a Facebook-compatible application for marketing and e-commerce. It helps companies and brands extend the effectiveness of their Facebook pages.
- Emma. Released in July 2011, Emma is a Facebook-compatible consumer application that provides an electronic marketplace for goods, services, and social activities.
- Usher. Released in November 2011, Usher is a Facebook-compatible consumer application that allows users to set up and manage Facebook events.
- Wisdom for Facebook. Released in April 2011, Wisdom for Facebook is a consumer application that allows users to view and analyze the demographics and interests (Facebook Likes) of the entire Wisdom network or of just their own personal friend network.
- Alert for Facebook. Released in July 2011, Alert for Facebook is a Facebook-compatible consumer application that is a convenient mobile Facebook Page reader.