- Quarterly net revenue decreased 3.8% to $150.9 million from $157 million in last year's comparable period due primarily to an industry-wide disk drive shortage related to flooding in Thailand, the location of major suppliers of disk drive and drive components.
- Gross profit percent increased to 9.0%, an increase of 55.2%, to $13.6 million compared to 5.8% or $9.1 million in the comparable period last year.
- Operating income increased 246% to $4.3 million compared to operating income of $1.2 million in the comparable period last year; net income increased 326% to $3.8 million compared to net income of $0.9 million in the comparable period last year.
- EBITDA grew 229% year-over-year to a record $4.6 million compared to $1.4 million. As of December 31, 2011 cash and cash equivalents were $7.5 million, net trade receivables were $58.5 million, net inventories were $55.7 million and working capital was $21.3 million
- SED’s Return on Invested Capital, or ROIC, for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was 19.4%.
SED International Holdings, Inc. (Amex: SED), a multinational supply chain management provider and distributor of leading computer technology, consumer electronics, small appliances, housewares and personal care products, today announced financial results for the Company’s second quarter and the first six months of fiscal year 2012, which ended December 31, 2011. Second Fiscal Quarter 2012 Financial Highlights