- Demonstrating economic sustainability by increasing Bemis’ annual dividend for the last 28 consecutive years.
- Establishing environmental sustainability metrics and goals.
- Participating in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006.
- Advancing employee safety success with 87% of Bemis’ plants achieving safety results better than the industry average Total Recordable Injury Rate.
- Contributing over $3.25 million annually to charitable organizations and programs in communities around the world.
Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE:BMS) today announced it has published a Corporate Responsibility Report highlighting Bemis’ sustainable business practices. The report profiles Bemis’ programs and practices that benefit its business in economically viable, environmentally sound, and responsible ways. It is organized across three categories: Economic Sustainability, Environmental Sustainability, and Social Sustainability. “As a multinational supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive material, a fundamental component of our strategy is to operate a profitable, ethical company, and be responsible stewards of our environment and communities,” said Henry Theisen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Bemis Company, Inc. “We will continue our commitment to achieving results and delivering on expectations with character and accountability.” Bemis’ Corporate Responsibility Report is available online at www.bemis.com in the “Sustainability” section ( http://www.bemis.com/public/pdf/BemisCRR.pdf). Highlights in the report include: