A d ditional Important Safety InformationDo not take Carbatrol if you:
- Have a history of bone marrow depression.
- Are allergic to carbamazepine or any of the ingredients in Carbatrol.
- Take nefazodone.
- Are allergic to antidepressant medications called tricyclic (TCAs).
- Have taken a medicine called Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI) in the last 14 days.
- If you become pregnant while taking Carbatrol, talk to your doctor about registering with the North American Antiepileptic Drug (NAAED) Pregnancy Registry by calling the toll- free number at 1-888-233-2334.