- Full HD-DVR STB and TV control, backed by the most comprehensive TV and audio universal infrared code library in the world;
- Intelligent orientation detection to automatically activate and deactivate the keyboard – simply flipping the remote over automatically activates/deactivates the text-entry feature;
- Ergonomic design with a curved profile that is comfortable to hold with one or two hands depending on the activity (control & navigation and text-entry);
- Keys that are contoured and intelligently laid out for quick and intuitive use;
- UEI QuickSet 1.5 for complete automated set-up and replacement remote programming that requires no user input for TV brand/model information; and
- UEI’s Universal Application Programming Interface (UAPI) for seamless integration and scalability of advanced navigation and control features on the target platform.
“With so many different entertainment options available at the fingertips of today’s consumer, it is imperative that the control device be extremely intuitive and allows easy access and control of the content, gaming, browsing, and social applications they are using,” continues Hughes.Fusion will begin shipping in Q1, 2012. Live demonstrations are planned at UEI’s booth #20211 in South Hall 1 at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, January 10-13, 2012. About Universal Electronics Inc. Founded in 1986, Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) is the global leader in wireless control technology for the connected home. UEI designs, develops, and delivers innovative solutions that enable consumers to control entertainment devices, digital media, and home systems. The company’s broad portfolio of patented technologies and database of infrared control software have been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies in the consumer electronics, subscription broadcast, and computing industries. UEI sells and licenses wireless control products through distributors and retailers under the One For All® brand name. More information is available at www.uei.com. Safe Harbor Statement This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely development, delivery and market acceptance of products and technologies identified in this release; the continued penetration and growth of IP based STBs and other devices, technologies, and markets identified in this release; and other factors described in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The actual results that the Company achieves may differ materially from any forward looking statement due to such risks and uncertainties. The Company undertakes no obligations to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.