- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 328.12% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 38.21% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, APOL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Consumer Services industry. The net income increased by 360.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.97 million to $188.61 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, APOLLO GROUP INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for APOLLO GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.90%. Regardless of APOL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, APOL's net profit margin of 16.80% compares favorably to the industry average.
- APOLLO GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APOLLO GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.02 versus $3.69 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 14.9% in earnings ($3.42 versus $4.02).
Rating Change #3 Apollo Group Inc ( APOL) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include: