Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT): Identity and access management (IAM) is an ever-increasing corporate priority for both business decision makers and IT leaders as they grapple with the challenges of securing user and administrator access to systems while ensuring compliance with internal policies and external regulations. The key to meeting access governance requirements and reducing security risk is providing broad yet granular visibility and control across complex, heterogeneous environments. Traditional IAM solutions typically require high levels of customization, very long deployment cycles, and lack the flexibility to adequately react to industry and business changes. Quest One Identity Solutions challenge the IAM status quo by streamlining, automating and integrating the process of managing user identities, access privileges and enterprise-wide security with a heightened level of visibility and control available through identity intelligence. News Facts:
- Quest Software has been positioned in the “Challengers” quadrant in Gartner Inc.’s 2011 Magic Quadrant for User Administrationi
- Quest takes a modular yet integrated approach to IAM, which simplifies compliance and security while reducing cost and risk through increased operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- With Quest One’s identity management solution, user and resource administration is controlled by business owners instead of IT, which empowers businesses to govern access to mission-critical information based on the resources employees need to perform their jobs. This additional “identity intelligence” enables organizations to make better decisions about security, processes and future investments with increased agility and the ability to adapt easily to evolving business requirements.
- Quest One Identity Manager gives business owners full visibility and control of all systems and resources so they can make well-informed IAM decisions and execute the appropriate actions those decisions require.
- Quest One Identity Solutions blend best-of-class capabilities to reduce the complexity, cost and risk associated with managing user identities and controlling access. The offerings automate and unify access governance, user administration, role management, password management, single sign-on and privileged account management.
- Unlike traditional IAM frameworks that require extensive IT resources and customization, Quest One Identity Solutions enable business owners to configure modular tools and processes to meet current requirements while having the flexibility to modify them as needed to keep pace with changing business demands. The result is rapid time-to-value with the ability to leverage existing investments in infrastructure, practices and personnel.
- With Quest One Identity Manager, organizations can take advantage of a simple yet robust GUI editor to configure rules and workflows without requiring any programming; a simulation model makes it easy to assess the impact of any security or compliance changes before deploying them in production environments.
- Quest One Identity Manager enables organizations to add other IAM capabilities and functionality as needed through integration with other Quest One Identity Solutions, including Quest ActiveRoles® Server, Quest Password Manager, Quest Webthority, Quest Defender, Quest Authentication Services and Quest One Quick Connect.
- Nick Nikols, VP and general manager of Identity, Security and Windows Management for Quest Software
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- Identity and access management: http://www.quest.com/identity-management/
- Quest One Identity Manager: http://www.quest.com/quest-one-identity-manager/
- More news from Quest: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx