NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Vishay Precision Group (NYSE: VPG) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VISHAY PRECISION GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 26.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.93 versus $0.72).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income increased by 26.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.62 million to $3.30 million.
- When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, VISHAY PRECISION GROUP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $9.43 million or 11.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow VISHAY PRECISION GROUP INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -56.77%.
- VPG has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.08% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.