- EDGW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EDGW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, EDGW has a quick ratio of 1.80, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 106.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$22.69 million to $1.55 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 212.62% to $4.19 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EDGEWATER TECHNOLOGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.09%.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Edgewater Technology (Nasdaq: EDGW) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include: