- Net sales and operating revenues increased 7% to $2.26 billion from $2.12 billion in the third quarter of last year.
- Comparable store used unit sales declined 3% in the third quarter compared with a 16% increase in the prior year period.
- Total used unit sales decreased 1%.
- Total wholesale unit sales increased 13%.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income rose 12% to $62.6 million.
- Net income was $82.8 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, compared with $82.4 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, earned in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
CarMax, Inc. (NYSE:KMX) today reported results for the third quarter ended November 30, 2011.