MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and digital signal processors (DSP) cores, today announced that it will showcase a range of innovative multimedia and communications solutions for the digital home and mobile markets at CES 2012 in Las Vegas from January 10-13th, 2012. At the show, CEVA will host a private meeting suite in the Las Vegas Hilton where invitees can interact with the demonstrations and meet with members of the CEVA executive team. The diverse portfolio of technologies being displayed by CEVA at CES is indicative of the company's continued strategic expansion into new addressable markets where high-performance, fully programmable DSPs play a critical role in cost reduction and true product differentiation. Demonstration platforms on display will include:
- Virtual Mouse Interface for smart TVs - Together with CEVAnet partner eyeSight, CEVA will demonstrate eyePoint™, a virtual mouse interface for TVs running on the CEVA-MM3000 image signal processing (ISP) and video platform. The solution combines finger tracking technology with face detection and supports multiple users and low light conditions, using a single standard camera.
- DTV Demodulation – CEVA will demonstrate its multimode software-defined demodulation solution with a live demonstration of ISDB-T signals running on the CEVA-XC processor. This will be the first time that a software-based DTV signal demodulation will be demonstrated running on a single DSP.
- 3D Video - Multiview Video Coding (MVC) demo – CEVA will demonstrate its MVC decoder with stereoscopic view (3D) in HD resolution, implemented fully in software on the CEVA-MM3000 platform.
- DTV Conferencing – Together with CEVAnet partner Alango, CEVA will demonstrate an advanced audio conferencing solution based on the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP. This solution uses a 5-microphone array and advanced beam-forming and noise reduction software from Alango.
- Scene Analysis and Face Detection – CEVA will demonstrate a range of process-intensive video pre and post processing features running on the CEVA-MM3000 platform, including face detection and face tracking, cropping and scaling, and noise removal.
- Software-defined 4G LTE baseband – Together with CEVAnet partner mimoOn GmbH, CEVA will demonstrate a live 20Mbps transport of HD video streams over LTE using MIMO2*2 and 64QAM. This LTE UE demonstration is based on a commercially available solution, now in design with leading wireless vendors. The UE solution incorporates the CEVA-XC processor running mimoOn's mi!MobilePHY™ software over CEVA's LTE and communication library functions.