- Networking with more than 4,500 passionate SolidWorks enthusiasts including engineering and design professionals, students, educators, partners, resellers, and DS SolidWorks employees from around the globe. Customer stories from industries ranging from manufacturing and medical instruments, to consumer electronics and renewable energy.
- Sessions showcasing how an open and transparent design process can help users approach and successfully overcome the same challenges in their work by leveraging insights from incredibly bright people for free, and in effect, conducting preliminary user-testing before true user tests.
- More than 200 in-depth technical training sessions, many of them hands on, covering topics such as “Evaluating Component Cost Reduction Options Using SolidWorks Simulation,” “Dumb Solids - Make Them Your Friend in SolidWorks,” and “No Red Pencil Required - Using the SolidWorks Design Checker.”
- The Partner Pavilion, featuring more than 100 technology products that work with SolidWorks software to deliver new business benefits.
- The Hot Rod Baby Buggy from “Let’s Go Design,” DS SolidWorks’ interactive Web series will be on display in the Product Showcase in the Partner Pavilion. The Hot Rod Baby Buggy was built start to finish with design input from the engineering community.
|WHERE:||San Diego Convention Center|
|111 West Harbor Drive|
|San Diego, CA 92101|
- Designers are invited to submit a story illustrating why they would like to attend SolidWorks World 2012, and how the event would benefit them in their roles.
- For the designer who makes the best case for attendance, SolidWorks will cover conference admission, airfare, and hotel costs for the individual.
- The winner will also be invited to write a post for the SolidWorks blog after the event, detailing the show experience and explaining how it will impact work in their region.
- Details on the contest can be found on the SolidWorks blog.