- Image quality. Clarity Matrix delivers 1366x768 resolution, 700-nit brightness and a 3000:1 contrast ratio. Despite high ambient light in Huntsville’s new baggage claim area, information on the video walls is clearly visible from as far away as 75 feet or even off to a side. A mere 7.3 millimeters separates the displays — much less than other LCD video walls — creating a nearly seamless image.
- Easy installation and service. Planar’s innovative EasyAxis™ Mounting System streamlines positioning and alignment of LCD panels, saving time and money for the customer and systems integrator. Further, EasyAxis provides front and rear access to all LCD panels. Routine service and maintenance can be performed without dismantling the video wall.
- Dependability. Huntsville installed the new video walls in an enclosed soffit above the baggage claim carousel. Planar’s off-board electronics design removes the electronics from behind the LCD panel, reducing heat that can cause damage and reduce the lifespan of the displays.
- Flexibility. The video walls can display a wide range of dynamic content — from video to photos, graphics to text — which airport staff can change quickly and easily at any time.
- Choice. Clarity Matrix is available in 46” (1366x768) and 55” (1920x1080 with LED backlight technology). Clarity Matrix is also available with ERO™, a protective glass front for increased ruggedness in public spaces. Clarity Matrix Touch™ provides a high-impact interactive video wall for collaborative environments.
“Airports want versatile display technology that can provide passengers with flight status and other timely and useful information, and that can also be a good source of revenue,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing for Planar Systems. “Clarity Matrix continues to be the video wall system that helps Huntsville and other airports address these needs and it’s a big reason why we continue to earn both new and repeat business in this competitive marketplace.”The new Clarity Matrix video walls were selected in late 2010, with the involvement of the airport’s systems integration partner, Norcross, Georgia-based Technical Innovation. About Planar Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR) is a global leader of specialty display technology, providing hardware and software solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Hospitals, space and military programs, utility and transportation hubs, retailers, banks, government agencies, businesses and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners and customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.planar.com. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50058440&lang=en