(Numbers in EUR million except per share data) Nine Months Nine Months 2011 2010 % Change Volume (million unit cases) 1,618 1,620 - Net Sales Revenue 5,326 5,299 1% Cost of goods sold 3,276 3,116 5% Comparable EBIT 468 623 -25% Comparable Net Profit 302 419 -28% Comparable Basic EPS (EUR) 0.83 1.15 -28%
- Top line: Volume was flat in the first nine months with a 3% increase in developing markets, fully offset by a 1% decline in established and emerging markets. Net sales revenue grew ahead of volume with a 3% increase in developing markets and a stable performance in established and emerging markets.
- Categories: Sparkling beverages volume increased by 3% in the first nine months of 2011, while energy drinks volume showed strong double digit growth. On the other hand, water and juice volume declined by 6% and 7%, respectively.
- Brands: All premium sparkling brands grew ahead of total volume, with Coca-Cola growing 6%, Coca-Cola Zero growing 9%, and Fanta and Sprite growing 2%, each.
- Share gains: In the first nine months of 2011, we gained both volume and value share in sparkling beverages across most of our key markets including Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Serbia, and Ireland.
- Restructuring: We expect benefits from restructuring initiatives of approximately €42 million in 2011.
- Comparable operating profit: The continuing adverse impact of commodity costs and persisting economic challenges across most of our territories resulted in a decline in comparable EBIT.
- Net debt: At the end of the first nine months of 2011, our net debt was €1,714 million.
- Cash flow: We generated free cash flow of €416 million in the first nine months of 2011.
- Free Cash Flow and Capex guidance: We revised our free cash flow guidance of €1.6 billion for 2011-2013 to €1.35 billion and cumulative capital expenditure from €1.5 billion to €1.35 billion.