- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Distributors industry average. The net income increased by 29.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.39 million to $4.41 million.
- WEYCO GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, WEYCO GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.20 versus $1.11 in the prior year.
- Although WEYS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.26 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.96 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$9.52 million or 2.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, WEYCO GROUP INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 15.73%.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Weyco Group (Nasdaq: WEYS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include: