- BOOM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 29.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 222.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.33 million to $4.27 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 168.87% to $1.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DYNAMIC MATERIALS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 88.58%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 220.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- DYNAMIC MATERIALS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DYNAMIC MATERIALS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.40 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus $0.40).
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Dynamic Materials Corporation (Nasdaq: BOOM) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include: