- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- BZC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.26, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 73.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.64 million to $1.12 million.
- 46.40% is the gross profit margin for BREEZE-EASTERN CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.20% trails the industry average.
- BREEZE-EASTERN CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, BREEZE-EASTERN CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.53 versus -$0.64 in the prior year.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Breeze-Eastern Corporation (AMEX: BZC) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include: