- EFII's revenue growth trails the industry average of 38.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- EFII has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, EFII has a quick ratio of 2.27, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for ELECTRONICS FOR IMAGING INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, EFII's net profit margin of 4.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.56% to $10.93 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, ELECTRONICS FOR IMAGING INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 84.26%.
- ELECTRONICS FOR IMAGING INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELECTRONICS FOR IMAGING INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.15 versus -$0.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.08 versus $0.15).
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Electronics for Imaging Inc (Nasdaq: EFII) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include: