Pearson, the world’s largest learning company, announced today the first Voices That Matter: Android Developers Conference, to be held February 9-10, 2012 in the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco. Google insiders and outside experts will converge at this two-day event to discuss updates in application development for the Android platform, including the new Ice Cream Sandwich Software Development Kit (SDK). Activities will include how-to sessions, application case studies, and interactive panels. NEWS FACTS
- Attendees can register now by visiting www.android2012.voicesthatmatter.com/. For a Press Badge, please email: Andrea Bledsoe: email@example.com
- The two-day conference is targeted towards Android developers, long-time mobile developers wanting to leverage their existing skills, cross-platform mobile designers, and game designers and developers.
- Many of the speakers’ presentations will be video/audio recorded. All attendees will receive download access to the presentations after the conference.
- In the past three years,Android has grown from a fledgling mobile SDK to a powerhouse platform. In August 2011, Gartner reported that, worldwide, Android-based phones outsold all of their competitors during the second quarter of 2011, including Apple iOS, Symbian, and RIM Blackberry devices.
- Dan Galpin, creator of Intro to Android Application Development LiveLessons
- Brian Hardy and Bill Phillips, authors of the upcoming Android Programming: Big Nerd Ranch Guide
- Chris Haseman, author of upcoming eBook, Creating Android Applications: Develop and Design
- Conference Co-Chairs: Shane Conder and Lauren Darcey, authors of the best-selling books, Android Wireless Application Development and Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development