- ALOG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ALOG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.92, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 555.51% to $26.01 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ANALOGIC CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.92%.
- ANALOGIC CORP's earnings per share declined by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANALOGIC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.33 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.27 versus $1.33).
- 39.60% is the gross profit margin for ANALOGIC CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ALOG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ALOG's net profit margin of 4.20% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Analogic Corporation (Nasdaq: ALOG) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include: