With the holidays around the corner, companies are seeking creative gift ideas to show appreciation to employees, business partners and customers. A recent survey from Staples Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, Inc., reveals how even small gestures of gratitude with holiday gifts can positively impact employee motivation and productivity. Corporate holiday gifts can help companies build and extend brand loyalty, foster stronger business relationships and thank employees for a year of great work. According to the Staples Advantage survey, employees said receiving holiday gifts from their companies:
- Improved employee morale (75 percent)
- Made employees like their company more (60 percent)
- Improved employee productivity (33 percent)
- Keep it personal. You wouldn’t send a holiday card without signing it, so don’t give a gift without putting your mark on it. Adding your company logo to gifts can help your company gain mindshare and visibility. More than 60 percent of respondents said they kept their gifts for more than six months, keeping the company top of mind.
- Don’t procrastinate. Start planning early so you have enough time to collect orders, customize gifts with branded images and ensure everything arrives before the holidays. Companies can save time by accumulating orders from employees using Staples Promotional Products' customized website tool, “Book & Run℠,” which makes it easy to manage orders and ship gifts.
- Get everything on your list and on budget. To help get the best value from your gift purchases, consider ordering items in bulk and selecting items that can be shared, such as food baskets.
Avoiding Corporate Coal with Great Gift IdeasFor holiday gifts that generate grins, consider these top three wish list ideas according to the survey data:
- Food and drink (70 percent). The way to your recipients’ hearts may be through their stomachs – especially if you’re providing cheesecake samplers, s’mores kits, hot cocoa and/or gourmet cheeses.
- Electronics (60 percent). You can select a range of electronics to fit your recipients’ interests and your budget. While devices including headphones, speakers and MP3 players are always appreciated, smaller items like tablet cases and USB drives are also popular options.
- Apparel (20 percent). Popular apparel items include winter hats, scarves, gloves, fleeces, grill aprons and more.