Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported its Electronic Brokerage monthly performance metrics for September and changes in the composition of its currency exposure management unit. Brokerage Metrics for September
- 510 thousand Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), 45% higher than prior year and 7% lower than prior month.
- Ending customer equity of $23.3 billion, 23% higher than prior year and 8% lower than prior month.
- Ending customer margin loan balances of $6.8 billion, 26% higher than prior year and 8% lower than prior month.
- Ending customer credit balances of $16.5 billion, 25% higher than prior year and 1% lower than prior month.
- 184 thousand customer accounts, 22% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 654 annualized average cleared DARTs per customer account.
The new composition contains 16 currencies, up from 6 in the prior composition. The Company currently transacts business and is required to manage balances in each of these 16 currencies. The new composition is in effect as of the close of business on September 30, 2011 and the conversion to the new targeted currency holdings is taking place over a short time period.The changes will not affect financial statement reporting, which, pursuant to GAAP guidelines, allows the reporting of all currency translation effects in the Statement of Comprehensive Income. The table below displays the component changes in detail.
|9/30/2011||GLOBAL||GLOBAL in||% of||GLOBAL||GLOBAL in||% of||% of|
|Currency||FX Rates||Composition||USD Equiv.||Comp.||Composition||USD Equiv.||Comp.||Comp.|
|Total GLOBALS, as measured in USD||$||1.115||100.0||%||$||1.115||100.0||%||0.0||%|