The industrial industry closed the day down 3.4%. Ener1 Inc ( HEV), China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp ( APWC), and Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp ( AWRCF) were all decliners today within the industrial industry with Columbus McKinnon Corporation ( CMCO) being today's featured industrial loser. Columbus McKinnon Corporation fell 34 cents (-3.2%) to $10.26 on light volume. Throughout the day, 68,422 shares of Columbus McKinnon Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 115,000 shares. Columbus McKinnon Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets material handling products and services for commercial and industrial end-user markets in the United States, Europe, and Canada. Columbus McKinnon Corporation has a market cap of $201 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 48.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Columbus McKinnon as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
Shareholders of Columbus McKinnon Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the September covered call at the $30 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.20 bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 8% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.
Shares of Columbus McKinnon Corporation (Nasdaq:CMCO) were gapping up Thursday morning with an open price 13.5% higher than Wednesday's closing price. The stock closed at $13.88 yesterday and opened today's trading at $15.75.