Liberty Media Corporation ("Liberty") (Nasdaq: LCAPA, LCAPB, LINTA, LINTB, LSTZA, LSTZB) today announced the 2012 Media for Liberty Award jury panel. The Award was established in 2009 to acknowledge published works that explore the relationship between economic and political liberties. Eligible works must be originally published or transmitted via print or electronic media during the 2011 calendar year, and received by Liberty Media no later than January 9, 2012. There is a $50,000 prize for the winning entry. The call for entries for year three is currently open. The distinguished Media for Liberty panel represents thought leaders in the world of journalism and media:
- Christy Carpenter – CEO Winthrop Rockefeller Institute; former Executive Vice President and Chief Operational Officer, Paley Center for Media
- Allan Dodds Frank – Past President, Overseas Press Club of America
- John Malone - Chairman, Liberty Media Corporation
- Stacey Woelfel – Chairman, Radio-Television News Directors Association
- Mark McSherry – Professor of Journalism and Mass Communication, St. Francis College and New York University
- Maria Streshinsky – Editor-in-Chief, Miller-McCune; former Managing Editor, The Atlantic
- Length: Print entries may not exceed 20,000 words. Electronic entries may not exceed 120 minutes.
- Language: All entries must be in English, or submitted with an English translation or with English subtitles.
- Examples: Eligible entries may include news reporting, feature coverage, investigative reporting, articles, essays, editorials, commentaries, documentaries and educational works.
- Programs produced and intended for general theatrical motion picture release are not eligible.
|Media for Liberty Award|
|12300 Liberty Boulevard|
|Englewood, CO 80112|