CALABASAS, Calif. (MainStreet) -- Business owners must comply with government requirements regarding business licenses, permits and tax registration -- usually before making their first sale.But knowing which forms to fill out at the county, state and federal level can be confusing and time-consuming.
|Starting a business such as a food truck in Los Angeles would likely required city permits and licenses include a business license, zoning approval and a land use permit, as well as county and state permits and licenses.|
- Your business has employees.
- Your business is a corporation or partnership.
- You file any of the following tax returns: employment, excise or alcohol, tobacco and firearms.
- You withhold taxes on income paid to a nonresident alien.
- You are involved with: trusts, IRAs, estates, real estate mortgage investment conduits, nonprofit organizations, farmers' cooperatives or plan administrators.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.