U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (Nasdaq: GROW), a boutique registered investment adviser specializing in natural resources and emerging markets, and the World Gold Council (WGC), the global authority on gold, will host an upcoming webcast titled A Case for Gold Investing . The webcast will be held on Tuesday, September 6, 2011, at 4:15pm ET (3:15pm CT). “Gold’s naysayers have been calling gold a bubble since prices reached $500 an ounce,” says Frank Holmes, U.S. Global Investors CEO and chief investment officer. “Those people are underestimating the Love Trade, one of gold’s key drivers, which is burning bright in Asia.” The special web event will feature Frank Holmes and Jason Toussaint, managing director of the U.S. and Investment for the WGC. Click here to register. According to statistics in the WGC’s Q2 2011 Gold Demand Trends report:
- Indian and Chinese gold demand grew 38 percent and 25 percent, respectively, on a year-over-year basis during the second quarter. The WGC says, “This growth is likely to continue, due to increasing levels of economic prosperity, high levels of inflation and forthcoming key gold purchasing festivals.”
- The quarterly average gold price rose 26 percent during the second quarter.
- Global jewelry demand reached 442.5 tons during the second quarter, up 6 percent from a year ago.
- Demand for gold bars and coins increased 4 percent on a year-over-year basis during the second quarter.
- The economic factors affecting gold and gold equities
- Historical and seasonal patterns affecting gold
- Current trends in jewelry, industrial and investment demand
- How gold and gold equities can be an integral part of your portfolio