- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for AGREE REALTY CORP is rather high; currently it is at 52.40%. Regardless of ADC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ADC's net profit margin of 38.40% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has decreased by 13.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $4.29 million to $3.69 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, AGREE REALTY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Agree Realty Corporation (NYSE: ADC) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include: