- Fusion-io (FIO), the newly-public data storage specialist reported earnings of 15 cents a share on revenue of $71.7 million for its fiscal fourth quarter.
- Analysts expected earnings per share of 14 cents on sales of $70.6 million.
- Fusion-io, whose shares are up more than 5% since going public in June, saw its stock close down $4.50, or 16%, at $23.62 Thursday, amidst a broader market selloff. After earnings, its shares climbed $1.82 cents, or 7.71%, to $25.44 in the after-hours session.
- This marks the first earnings report for the company since its NYSE debut.
- Revenue for fiscal 2011 was $197.2 million, compared to analysts' forecast of $190.88 million.
- On a GAAP basis, Fusion-IO's fiscal 2011 net income was $4.6 million, compared to a net loss of $32.5 million in the prior year. Analysts were looking for net income of $10.1 million
- Excluding items, Fusion-io reported fiscal 2011 net income of $16.3 million, above analysts' forecast of $13 million.
|Fusion-io reported its fourth-quarter results after market close.|