- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, WACOAL HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- WACOAL HOLDINGS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, WACOAL HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.12 versus $0.96 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for WACOAL HOLDINGS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.60% trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income increased by 140.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.02 million to $28.97 million.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Wacoal Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: WACLY) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include: