- The gross profit margin for QUALITY DISTRIBUTION INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.80%. Regardless of QLTY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, QLTY's net profit margin of 4.80% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- QUALITY DISTRIBUTION INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, QUALITY DISTRIBUTION INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.36 versus -$9.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.63 versus -$0.36).
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, QLTY is up 80.62% to its most recent closing price of 12.21. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Despite the fact that QLTY's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.50 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Quality Distribution (Nasdaq: QLTY) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include: