- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 86.52%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 44.45% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $15.39 million or 50.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for SUN HEALTHCARE GROUP INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.00%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.00% trails that of the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, SUN HEALTHCARE GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has decreased by 0.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $9.97 million to $9.95 million.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Sun Healthcare Group (Nasdaq: SUNH) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include: