Americas United Bank (OTCBB: AUNB) today announced its unaudited 2011 second-quarter results. “The second-quarter results reflect a quarterly operating profit of $325,000 or $0.11 per basic share. Total assets decreased to $105.6 million. I am pleased with the quarterly results that reflect actions taken during the quarter to decrease expenses and further improve the quality of the balance sheet. We look forward to our future and successes of the Bank and its customers,” said Adriana M. Boeka, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Having recently added a seasoned leader like Adriana M. Boeka to our team, we are beginning to show evidence of our improvement in the next phase of the growth and development of the Bank. We are focused on building our market share in both Glendale and Downey, California, and we continue to be optimistic about our future,” said Manuel Remon, Chairman. Second-quarter financial highlights include:
- Total assets of $105.6 million at June 30, 2011, a 7.4 percent decrease over $114.0 million at December 31, 2010.
- Net loans of $78.8 million at June 30, 2011, a decrease of 18.3 percent from December 31, 2010 total of $96.5 million.
- Non-performing assets of $2.1 million, or 1.99% of total assets at June 30, 2011, an increase of 10.2% from $1.9 million, or 1.66% of total assets at December 31, 2010.
- Allowance for loan loss increased to 3.9 percent of gross loans at June 30, 2011, and up from 2.2 percent of gross loans at December 31, 2010.
- Total deposits at June 30, 2011 were $80.5 million, a decrease of 6.4 percent from the $86.0 million at December 31, 2010.
- Second-quarter 2011 operating revenue decreased 9.1 percent to $1,565,000 from $1,721,000 for the same period in 2010.
- Operating net profit of $325,000 for the second-quarter of 2011 or $0.11 per basic share compared to a net loss of $1,027,000 or $0.36 per basic share for the same period in 2010.
- Year-to-date operating net loss of $870,000, or $0.30 per basic share for the second-quarter of 2011, compared to a net loss of $1,602,000, or $0.56 per basic share for the same period in 2010.
About Americas United Bank:Americas United Bank (AUB) is the first Hispanic-owned bank to open its doors in California in over thirty years and has the distinction of being the largest Hispanic-owned bank based in California. Founded by a group of respected and successful business leaders (primarily from the Hispanic community), AUB is a full service commercial bank that provides business and personal banking products and services. For more information on the Bank, please visit our website at www.aubank.com . Certain statements in this press release, including statements regarding the anticipated development and expansion of the Bank's business, and the intent, belief or current expectations of the Bank, its directors or its officers, are "forward-looking" statements (as such term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). Because such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, risks related to the local and national economy, the Bank's performance and implementation of its business plans, loan performance, interest rates, and regulatory matters.
|AMERICAS UNITED BANK|
|In 000's (except percentages)|
|JUNE 30,||JUNE 30,||DECEMBER 31,|
|Deposits in Other Banks||-||-||-|
|Federal Funds Sold||19,970||18,265||13,170|
|Loans and Leases (Net)||78,837||99,005||96,473|
|Cash and Due from Banks||3,419||2,576||1,626|
|LIABILITIES & SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY|
|Money Market and Savings Deposits||33,376||36,362||38,543|
|TOTAL LIABILITIES & SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY||$||105,620||$||124,232||$||114,012|
|Tier 1 Leverage Ratio||15.65||%||14.50||%||15.01||%|
|Tier 1 Risk Based Capital Ratio||20.19||%||16.44||%||16.65||%|
|Total Risk Based Capital Ratio||21.48||%||17.70||%||17.91||%|
|AMERICAS UNITED BANK|
|In 000's (except per share data)|
|FOR THE||FOR THE|
|THREE-MONTHS ENDED||SIX-MONTHS ENDED|
|Loans and Leases||$||1,476||$||1,596||$||3,018||$||3,109|
|Federal Funds Sold||7||11||13||20|
|Other Interest Income||-||-|
|Total Interest Income||1,491||1,621||$||3,050||$||3,158|
|Money Market and Savings Accounts||78||127||181||270|
|Total Interest Expense||193||383||429||815|
|Net Interest Income||1,298||1,238||2,621||2,343|
|Provision for Loan Losses||36||236||1503||695|
|Net Interest Income after|
|Provision for Loan Losses||1,262||1,002||1,118||1,648|
|Operating Gain (Loss)||325||(1,027||)||(869||)||(1,601||)|
|Net Income (Loss) Before Income Taxes||325||(1,027||)||(869||)||(1,601||)|
|Income Tax Expense||0||0||(1||)||(1||)|
|Net Income (Loss)||$||325||$||(1,027||)||$||(870||)||$||(1,602||)|
|Basic & Diluted Earnings (Loss) per Share||$||0.11||$||(0.36||)||$||(0.30||)||$||(0.56||)|