- CNS/ATM mandate compliance
- Fleet standardization of the flight deck
- Increased operational flexibility while enhancing safety and efficiency.
- Improved dispatch availability and component reliability.
- Significantly improved aircrew situational awareness and reduced aircrew workload.
Today the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) placed an order valued at more than $5 million with Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISSC) for the complete Systems Integration and Cockpit Avionics upgrade of their B737-400 classic aircraft. This initial order for retrofit of two (2) B737-400 aircraft will provide NNSA full CNS/ATM capabilities and similar efficiency and performance to the NG (Next Generation) at a fraction of the cost. This integration effort eliminates legacy CRT displays and avionics, leverages commercial off-the-shelf technology, and provides a platform for future upgrades. Included in the effort are enhanced FMS, TCAS, EGPWS, NexRad, SatCom, and ADS-B capabilities. NNSA achieves: