- In just under two years, assets in SGOL have grown to just over $1.5B as of July 19, 2011. TheStreet.com 3 recently determined:
- ETF Securities’ Physical Swiss Gold Shares (SGOL) was “ Best 2011 Precious Metals ETF”
- In BlackRock’s 4 2011 First Half ETF Landscape Report:
- ETFS Physical Swiss Gold Shares (SGOL) and ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL) were among the “ Top 20 ETPs in the United States” in terms of assets under management.
- ETF Securities received seven awards at the 2011 Annual Global ETF Awards® in April for both its U.S. and global 5 products. These awards were presented by exchangetradedfunds.com 6 and included:
- Most Innovative ETF – Americas (ETFS Physical Palladium Shares)
- Most Innovative ETF Hybrid Product – Europe
- ETP with Most Asset Raised By Percentage – Asia-Pacific (ETFS Physical Silver)
- ETP with Most Asset Raised By Percentage – European & Euro-Zone (ETFS Short EUR Long USD)
- ETP with Most Asset Raised in Absolute Growth (ETFS Physical Gold)
- The ETF that Raised the Most Assets in 2010 by Percentage– European & Euro-Zone (ETFS Short EUR Long USD)
- Second Place – Most Recognized ETF Brand Europe.
For more information, please contact the U.S. marketing agent, ETF Securities (US) LLC at 212-918-4954 or visit our website: www.etfsecurities.comETF Securities ETF Securities is the first US ETF Sponsor to provide investors with access to a full suite of precious metal ETPs. Investors can now trade physically backed Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium and Precious Metals Basket ETPs from the same provider. The 7 precious metal ETPs have the following key features:
- Track spot price of underlying metal less associated management fees. Ordinary brokerage commissions do apply.
- Physically backed by underlying bullion – minimal counterparty risk
- Bullion holdings audited by specialist audit firm biannually – audit reports published on the website at www.etfsecurities.com
The Trusts are new and have limited operating history. Commodities generally are volatile and are not suitable for all investors. Trusts focusing on a single commodity generally experience greater volatility. Since there is no limit on the amount of platinum and palladium that the Trust may acquire, the Trust, as it grows, may have an impact on the supply and demand of platinum and palladium. Please refer to the prospectus for complete information regarding all risks associated with the Trusts.Shares in the Trusts are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and have no bank guarantee. This material must be accompanied or preceded by a prospectus. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing. Click here to review the prospectus. ALPS Distributors, Inc. is the marketing agent for ETFS Gold Trust, ETFS Asian Gold Trust, ETFS Silver Trust, ETFS Platinum Trust, ETFS Palladium Trust, ETFS Precious Metals Basket Trust, and ETFS White Metals Basket Trust. ETF Securities Ltd. or its affiliates is not affiliated with ALPS Distributors, Inc. Certain marketing services may be provided for ETFS Gold Trust, ETFS Asian Gold Trust, ETFS Silver Trust, ETFS Platinum Trust, ETFS Palladium Trust, ETFS Precious Metals Basket Trust, and ETFS White Metals Basket Trust by ETF Securities (US) LLC. Although Shares of the Trust may be bought and sold on the exchange through any brokerage account, they are not individually redeemable directly from the Trust. Investors may acquire Shares and tender them for redemption through the Trust in Basket aggregation only. Please see the prospectus for more details. This press release contains “forward-looking statements” with respect to results of operations, plans, objectives, future performance and business. Statements preceded by, followed by or that include words such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “expect”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “predict”, “potential”, or similar expressions are intended to identify some of the forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and are included, along with the statement, for purposes of complying with the safe harbor provisions of that Act. All statements (other than statements of historical fact) included in this press release that address activities, events or developments that will or may occurring the future, including such matters as changes in commodity prices and market conditions (for Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium and the Shares), the Trusts operations, the Sponsors plans and references to the Trusts future success and other similar matters are forward looking statements. These statements are only predictions. Actual events or results may differ materially.
1 For further information, please visit the Strategic Insight website at http://www.sionline.com/media/releases/110503-pressrelease.pdf2 For further information, please visit the National Stock Exchange website at http://www.nsx.com/content/etf-assets-list 3 For further information, please visit the TheStreet.com website at http://www.thestreet.com/stock-market-news/11078475/etf-awards.html 4 For further information, please visit the BlackRock website at http://www.blackrockinternational.com/content/groups/internationalsite/documents/literature/etfl_industryreview_q111.pdf 5 Not all products are available in the U.S. 6 For further information, please visit the exchangetradedfunds.com website at http://www.blackrockinternational.com/content/groups/internationalsite/documents/literature/etfl_industryreview_q111.pdf 7 William Rhind is a registered representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc. 8 Options are not suitable for all investors. Please contact your financial advisor before investing. ETF000384 06/05/2012