EMER has an expense ratio of 0.75 percent and joins IndexIQ’s family of International ETFs, which also includes:
- IQ South Korea Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: SKOR), the first South Korea small cap ETF;
- IQ Taiwan Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: TWON), the first Taiwan small cap ETF ;
- IQ Australia Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: KROO), the first Australia small cap ETF;
- IQ Canada Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CNDA), the first Canada small cap ETF;
- IQ Hong Kong Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: HKK), the first Hong Kong small cap ETF; and
- IQ Japan Mid Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: RSUN), the first Japan mid cap ETF.
- IQ Global Resources ETF (NYSE Arca: GRES), the first Global Natural Resources ETF;
- IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CROP), the first global agribusiness small cap ETF;
- IQ Global Oil Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: IOIL), the first global oil small cap ETF; and
- IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: ROOF), the first small-cap REIT ETF.
- IQ Hedge Macro Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: MCRO), the first Global Macro ETF;
- IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: QAI), the first US-listed Hedge Fund Replication ETF;
- IQ Alpha Hedge Strategy Fund (IQHIX – Institutional Share Class; IQHOX – Investor Share Class), the first open-end, no-load Hedge Fund Replication mutual fund;
- IQ Merger Arbitrage ETF (NYSE Arca: MNA), the first Merger Arbitrage ETF; and
- IQ Real Return ETF (NYSE Arca: CPI), the first multi-asset class “Real Return” ETF, which seeks to generate a real return above the rate of inflation as measured by changes in the Consumer Price Index.
Investors are reminded that all investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Consider the Funds’ investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. A prospectus with this and other information about the Funds may be obtained by visiting www.indexiq.com or by calling (888) 934-0777. Read the prospectus carefully before investing.As the Fund’s investments are concentrated in emerging markets, the value of its shares will be subject to a greater risk of loss than investments in developed markets. Since the Fund invests in foreign markets, it will be subject to risk of loss not typically associated with domestic markets. The Fund invests in the securities of mid capitalization companies, the value of which generally is more volatile than those of larger companies. Both the Fund’s ability to track its Index and Fund returns in general may be adversely impacted by changes in currency exchange rates. The ETF is new and has limited operating history. The fund is not suitable for all investors. Investors in the Fund should be willing to accept a high degree of volatility in the price of the Fund's Shares and the possibility of significant losses. An investment in the Fund does not represent a complete investment program. The Funds are distributed by ALPS Distributors, Inc. (ALPS), which is not affiliated with IndexIQ. Adam Patti is a registered representative of ALPS. IDX000720.070112