BOSTON (TheStreet) -- HomeAway (AWAY) is the latest hotly anticipated initial public offering this year, with shares of the online vacation rental company rising 50% in their debut Wednesday. But other initial share sales made investors more money -- doubling returns in some cases.This year has already seen its share of super-hyped initial public offerings from companies like LinkedIn ( LNKD), ZipCar ( ZIP), Pandora ( P) and Spirit Airlines ( SAVE). Even more have filed for IPOs, including videogame maker Zynga and Groupon.
10. Responsys ( MKTG) Company Profile: Responsys provides on-demand software that enables email-based relationship marketing, allowing marketers to design email campaigns. Return Since IPO: 41.7% IPO Date: April 20 Offer Price: Responsys offered 6.6 million shares at $12 per share Analyst Consensus: Responsys gets high praise from Wall Street firms, as the five analysts following the stock rate it as either "buy" or "outperform," including those at Credit Suisse, JMP Securities and William Blair.
8. Cornerstone OnDemand ( CSOD) Company Profile: Cornerstone OnDemand is a provider of on-demand talent management software, allowing clients to develop employees, engage all employees effectively, and improve business execution. Return Since IPO: 43.5% IPO Date: March 16 Offer Price: Cornerstone OnDemand offered 10.5 million shares at $13 per share Analyst Consensus: Cornerstone OnDemand receives high marks from analysts, with all seven research firms following the stock rating it "buy." They include Barclays Capital, Piper Jaffray and Pacific Crest Securities.
6. Pacira Pharmaceuticals ( PCRX - Get Report) Company Profile: Pacira is a specialty pharmaceutical company. The company's lead drug candidate is Exparel, a long-acting anesthetic/analgesic product for postsurgical pain management. Return Since IPO: 70.9% IPO Date: Feb. 2 Offer Price: Pacira offered 6 million shares at $7 per share Analyst Consensus: Pacira earns high marks with five "buy" ratings from all five research shops covering the stock. They include Piper Jaffray, Wedbush and Brean Murray.
4. Sagent Pharmaceuticals ( SGNT) Company Profile: Sagent Pharmaceuticals markets generic injectable drugs to hospitals. Return Since IPO: 74% IPO Date: April 19 Offer Price: Sagent offered 5.8 million shares at $16 per share Analyst Consensus: Jefferies is among three research firms with a "buy" rating on Sagent, while Needham & Co. has a "hold." No firm rates Sagent a "sell."
2. ServiceSource International ( SREV - Get Report) Company Profile: ServiceSource provides a service revenue management and renewals platform, which helps technology companies improve maintenance, support and subscription revenue streams. Return Since IPO: 109% IPO Date: March 24 Offer Price: ServiceSource offered 11.9 million shares at $10 per share Analyst Consensus: ServiceSource earns eight "buy" ratings from Wall Street research firms, including Lazard Capital, Deutsche Bank and JMP Securities. The only other firm following the stock, Capstone Investments, suggests investors hold on to shares.