Saba (NASDAQ:SABA), the premier People Cloud provider, today announced the general availability of Saba Social Learning. Saba Social Learning helps employees, partners and customers better connect, collaborate and learn in a versatile and social environment, often referred to as ‘informal learning.’ In addition to the general availability, Saba is also providing a free, 30-day trial of Saba Social Learning to enable organizations to transform knowledge sharing in the workplace. “Many organizations are struggling with how to address multiple learning styles and optimize informal learning that is the preferred by the ‘Millennial Generation,’ such as video, podcasts, real-time feeds and other social networking tools. Saba Social Learning addresses this challenge, and customers are already telling us it will enable them to accelerate development and transform the way their people learn and grow,” said Laurent Pacalin, SVP and GM of People Cloud Applications. “In order to give other companies interested in adopting this approach a risk-free opportunity to apply the power of the platform and reap the benefits, we decided to make the product available for a free 30-day trial.” Key Highlights: By combining the best of today’s social networking features, coupled with world-class learning management capabilities, Saba Social Learning provides more collaborative, immediate and context-relevant methods than any other solution. Additionally, it’s the only learning solution available that integrates formal learning with an informal social environment to encourage a real-time exchange of organizational knowledge among employees, partners, and customers to improve business results. Following are some key features/benefits of Saba Social Learning solution:
- User profile – Similar to popular consumer social networks, it enables users to highlight interest and expertise, share and tag content such as blogs and video, and connect with employees and community groups.
- Search – Finds the most relevant and popular content, topic expert or training, whether it’s formal or informal.
- User feedback – With ‘Amazon-like’ ratings, reviews, comments and recommendations, enables real-time feedback and recommendations for useful content, training or advice.
- Video and audio – gives people easy access to best practices, coaching and mentoring via short videos and podcasts. Additionally, subject-matter experts can contribute and share video, which reduces content-development costs and enables new learning experiences.
- Mobile – Provides the industry’s only social learning solution “on-the-go”, via iPad or iPhone, giving employees more flexibility to gain real-time answers and insight and save precious billable hours.
- Web training – Enables instructors to host instructional webinars at scale, either live or on-demand, for a more flexible and efficient learning environment.
Supporting Quotes:Approximately 85 percent of Saba beta customers noted they would recommend Saba’s easy-to-use Social Learning software.
- “Traditional HR and learning processes don’t always capture the community aspect that creates an environment where we learn best—in an informal setting. Saba Social Learning is enabling us to build a stronger culture and gain unprecedented visibility into our workforce expertise and organization’s collective know-how.”
- Wayne Williams, Manager of Learning Systems at SMART Technologies
- “With Saba Social Learning we have the ability to transform how our organization grows and shares knowledge. Tools like star ratings, tagging resources and recommendations are useful, intuitive and have become a part of everyday life. The platform’s networking capabilities allow for a more personal and engaging experience for each individual that will likely trigger higher levels of adoption.”
- Brandon Williams, New Business Development at The Educe Group
- Saba Social Learning selected as a finalist in Enterprise 2.0 prestigious Launch Pad competition, which recognizes the most innovative software that targets the enterprise 2.0 market.
- The America Business Awards (STEVIES) recently named Saba Social People’s Choice for Favorite New Software as a Service.
- Ranked as a visionary in Gartner's 2011 Magic Quadrant for Employee Performance Management Software.
- Received recognition by Forrester as a leader in Talent Management Software in the recent Forrester Wave, Talent Management, Q2, 2011 report.
Saba's premier customer base includes major global organizations and industry leaders in financial services, life sciences and healthcare, high tech, automotive and manufacturing, retail, energy and utilities, packaged goods, and public sector organizations. Saba’s solutions are underpinned by global services capabilities and partnerships encompassing strategic consulting, comprehensive implementation services, and ongoing worldwide support.Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, Saba has offices on five continents. For more information, please visit www.saba.com or call +1-877-SABA-101 or +1-650-779-2791. SABA, the Saba logo, Saba Centra, and the marks relating to Saba products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Saba Software, Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Legal Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including, without limitation, statements regarding further acceleration of Saba People Cloud, Saba’s ability to capitalize on its next phase of growth and on its next generation of Cloud solutions coming in the Fall. Saba's actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties Saba faces that could cause results to differ materially include risks associated with: Saba's dependence on growth of the markets for Saba's products, dependence on acceptance of Saba's products by customers and channel partners, fluctuation in customer spending, length of Saba's sales cycle, competition, rapid technological change, dependence on new product introductions and enhancements and potential software defects. Readers should also refer to the section entitled "Risk Factors" in Saba's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2010 and similar disclosures in subsequent reports filed with the SEC. The forward-looking statements and risks stated in this press release are based on information available to Saba today. Saba assumes no obligation to update them.