- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$9.41 million or 30.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.53%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Biotechnology industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$13.72 million to -$12.84 million.
- MYREXIS INC has improved earnings per share by 10.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MYREXIS INC reported poor results of -$1.91 versus -$0.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.60 versus -$1.91).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, MYREXIS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MYRX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 6.52% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Myrexis (Nasdaq: MYRX) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include: