Today, at InfoComm 2011, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR), a worldwide leader in specialty display solutions, introduced a new version of its slim-profile Planar d82L LCD display designed for corporate environments, small-scale control rooms and public venues for digital signage. The Planar d82L with AccessChoice™ design is the first 82-inch display to offer rack-mountable electronics, along with a broad selection of inputs, landscape or portrait orientation and superior visual performance.
The Planar d82L with AccessChoice offers a combination of features not found in any other large-format professional LCD on the market, including the following:
- Installation Flexibility: The electronics rack can be located as much as 80 feet from the LCD, expanding placement options. The sleek, logo-free panel can be mounted in landscape or portrait orientation, and adapted to different environments with an optional FramePlate™ dual-color frame with rounded edges.
- Streamlined Maintenance: Unique design features separate the LCD and electronics modules, making it possible to troubleshoot and replace components without the hassle of removing the entire LCD panel.
- Slim Profile: The thinnest 82-inch LCD on the market, the Planar d82L with AccessChoice minimizes obstruction without adding the expense of recessing the display within a wall or housing. A mere 3.9-inches deep, it is the only 82-inch LCD that meets rigorous Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility guidelines for building and facilities.
- Versatile Connectivity and Control: The Planar d82L with AccessChoice offers a full array of connectivity options, including HDMI, VGA, DVI In/Out, Component Video and HD-SDI. Built-in network and RS-232 controls provide remote access and reporting on display operations.
- 24x7 Reliability and Performance: Redundant power ensures uninterrupted operation if the primary power goes down. The rugged, industrial bezel and anti-reflective (AR) protective glass help prevent physical damage to the panel, while the distributed, off-board electronics reduce the buildup of potentially destructive heat close to the panel. Further, the display’s 600 nits of brightness helps deliver full-HD picture quality, even in rooms with high levels of ambient light.