- 49.90% is the gross profit margin for STEALTHGAS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GASS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.00% trails the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, STEALTHGAS INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $8.46 million or 53.20% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.15 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, GASS has a quick ratio of 0.70, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has decreased by 5.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $1.61 million to $1.53 million.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- StealthGas (Nasdaq: GASS) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally weak debt management and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include: