- FROZEN FOOD EXPRESS INDS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FROZEN FOOD EXPRESS INDS continued to lose money by earning -$0.70 versus -$0.96 in the prior year.
- The share price of FROZEN FOOD EXPRESS INDS has not done very well: it is down 19.96% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.31 million or 288.67% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, FROZEN FOOD EXPRESS INDS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 113.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.72 million to -$7.94 million.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Frozen Food Express Industries (Nasdaq: FFEX) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include: