- A loss of confidence in the Company’s bank statements, and confirmation procedures carried out under circumstances that DTT believed to be suspicious;
- Possibilities of undisclosed bank accounts and bank loans;
- Unverified cash deposits for salary payments;
- Legitimacy concerns of certain advertising agents, customers (including the Company’s top customers) and bus operators;
- Potential double counting of a certain number of buses participating in advertising programs;
- Inconsistent financial information provided to DDT and comparable information on file with the State Administration of Industry and Commerce as to certain subsidiaries;
- Validity concerns of tax invoices issued in connection with certain large transactions;
- Verification issues with certain subsidiary tax payments with the local office of the State Administration of Taxation;
- And potential implications these issues may have for the Company’s consolidated financial statements for 2009 and DTT’s report thereon.
China MediaExpress purports to own one of the largest television advertising networks on buses throughout 18 of China’s regions, including Beijing. According to the complaint, the Company claims to sell advertisements on more than 27,000 buses. However, the complaint alleges that CCME made false and misleading statements, including misrepresentations about its revenues, the number of buses in its network and the nature of its business relationships.More information is available at: www.hbsslaw.com/ccme. About Investor Fraud Practice Hagens Berman is a nationally recognized investor-rights law firm that provides highly acclaimed fraud recovery and asset protection services to individual and institutional investors who have been negatively affected by poor corporate governance, breach of fiduciary duties, misrepresentation of information, or a failure of good faith, fair dealing or loyalty. For an in-depth discussion of securities fraud, corporate governance and investor rights, please visit our Investor Fraud website or our Meaningful Disclosure blog. About Hagens Berman Seattle-based Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP is one of the top class-action law firms in the nation, with offices in Boston, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1993, we represent plaintiffs in class actions and multi-state, large-scale litigation that seek to protect the rights of investors, consumers, workers and whistleblowers. More information about the firm is available at www.hbsslaw.com.