MORRISVILLE, N.C., March 21, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oxygen Biotherapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:OXBT) (SIX Swiss Exchange:OXBT), a development stage biomedical company focused on developing oxygen-rich intravenous and topical products, today announced results for the fiscal year (FY) third quarter ended January 31, 2011. Highlights (activity through March 18, 2011)
- Received $2.07 million two-year grant from the U.S. Army to study the use of the company's Oxycyte ® perfluorocarbon (PFC) emulsion for traumatic brain injury.
- Signed research contract with Hackensack University Medical Center to study the wound healing properties of the company's Wundecyte™ gel. These studies are funded by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Signed agreement to sell DERMACYTE ® skin care products to Swiss company that will target the Swiss, European Union and Russian markets. Company ordered additional 10,000 units in March.
- Signed agreement to sell DERMACYTE skin care products to Mexican company that will target the Mexican market.
- Signed a Letter of Intent with Sarasota Medical Products to pursue joint research and development in chronic ischemic wound care.