- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 40.58 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, IGLD's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.03, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, INTERNET GOLD-GOLDEN LINES's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 6649.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.75 million to -$49.06 million.
- INTERNET GOLD-GOLDEN LINES has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INTERNET GOLD-GOLDEN LINES swung to a loss, reporting -$3.56 versus $0.85 in the prior year.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Internet Gold Golden Lines (Nasdaq: IGLD) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally weak debt management. Highlights from the ratings report include: