SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) today launched Roxio ® Toast ® 11 Titanium for Mac ®. Toast 11 is a major update that helps extend Mac OS and iLife ® applications with new capabilities and feature enhancements for capturing, copying, converting and enjoying personal digital media and entertainment. Toast 11 serves as a powerful media hub that makes it simple to take virtually any piece of digital media - regardless of format or where it resides - and share and enjoy it practically anywhere and on any device. Toast 11 has been redesigned from the ground up and showcases a new interface that we believe users will find modern and intuitive. More importantly, the overhaul of this long-time Mac standard offers refined workflows along with built-in video tutorials that make it easier for existing Toast users and those new to the program to quickly complete a broad range of media tasks. See a video overview of Toast 11 here: http://www.roxio.com/enu/company/press/releases/2011/roxio_toast_11_now_available.html "From personal photos and home movies, to streaming Internet radio and user-generated content on YouTube ™, people are enjoying media in many forms and from a variety of sources," said Corey Ferengul, EVP of Products at Rovi Corporation. "The pain often comes when attempting to move a piece of media between devices or platforms. This is where Toast really shines – it gets the media you love where you want it, effortlessly." For existing users, Toast 11 adds many requested features such as recording to multiple drives simultaneously, a streamlined product update mechanism, and the ability to save custom video profiles, which is very useful for those that are often converting video for a particular device. The latest version now also offers built-in features for directly uploading media to social networking sites such as YouTube ™, Vimeo ®, or Facebook ® and technology optimizations, dubbed VideoBoost, that help dramatically speed H.264 (high definition) video conversion or encoding. New or exclusive-to-Toast features include: Internet audio recording; the ability to capture, save, and convert Web-based video content; disc spanning (automatically spreading a large amount of data or audio tracks across many discs); one-click backup of HD camcorder footage; dual-platform compatible disc creation; and TiVo-to-Go support.
Toast 11 Titanium is available directly from www.roxio.com starting today and is priced at $99.99. An accompanying Blu-ray Disc ™ plug-in, which is required to author Blu-ray Disc video, is sold separately for $19.99.Introducing Toast 11 Pro Also launching today is Roxio Toast 11 Pro. Toast 11 Pro includes everything offered in Toast 11 Titanium as well as the Blu-ray Disc Plug-in and four award-winning digital media applications for making stunning video, photo, and audio projects. Included components in Toast 11 Pro are:
- Adobe® PhotoShop® Elements 9 – the latest, full-featured version of the #1 selling consumer photo-editing software for the Mac. The application delivers powerful options that make it easy to create extraordinary photos, quickly share your memories in online albums and unique print creations, and automatically organize and help protect all your photos and video clips.
- SmartSound® Sonicfire® Pro 5 – for creating an ideal soundtrack to accompany videos and slideshows. Use Sonicfire Pro's unique automatic Mood Mapping® feature or select from a library of included music tracks and adjust the mix and feel of the score to match your videos and slideshows.
- BIAS SoundSoap™ SE – remove unwanted noise like wind, hisses, scratches, and pops from LPs, cassettes, or almost any audio, music, or video soundtrack. Also includes a plug-in for correcting audio in HD videos.
- FotoMagico™ 3 – turn pictures and video into high-quality slideshows with a few simple clicks, and present them in high definition with the latest version of FotoMagico. Innovative text, transition, and alignment tools ensure astonishing results.
- Blu-ray Disc® Plug-In – author HD video content onto standard DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Take high-def (HD) video footage from AVCHD™ camcorders, TiVo® and EyeTV® and create Blu-ray Discs or even standard DVDs with HD content that can be played on Blu-ray set top boxes or PlayStation® game consoles.
About Rovi CorporationRovi Corporation is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations. The company also provides extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos to its customers in the consumer electronics, cable and satellite, entertainment and online distribution markets. These solutions, complemented by industry leading entertainment data, create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form. Rovi holds nearly 5,000 issued or pending patents and patent applications worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with numerous offices across the United States and around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom. More information about Rovi can be found at http://www.rovicorp.com. The Rovi Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6482 Forward Looking Statements All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2010 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at http://www.sec.gov/). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
CONTACT: Chris Taylor Rovi Corporation 408.367.5231 Chris.d.Taylor@rovicorp.com