- Wedding Spend (excluding honeymoon): $26,984
- Most Expensive Area to Get Married (excluding honeymoon): NYC (Manhattan), $70,030
- Least Expensive Area to Get Married (excluding honeymoon): Utah, $13,214
- Wedding Dress Spend: $1,099
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
- Bride’s Age: 29
- Groom’s Age: 31
- Number of Guests: 141
- Average Wedding Spend (on a per guest basis): $194
- Number of Bridesmaids: 4
- Number of Groomsmen: 4
- Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Engagement Month: December (16%)
- Most Popular Wedding Month: June (15%)
- Most Popular Wedding Color: White/Ivory (43%)
|2010 Average Wedding Budget Breakdown|
|Category||2010 National Average Spend|
|Overall Wedding (excluding honeymoon)||$26,984|
|Catering (cost per head)||$61|
|Wedding Day Transportation||$667|
|Figures based on respondents who hired a professional vendor for the service.|
|1.||NYC (Manhattan): $70,730|
|2.||NY (Long Island, Hudson Valley and NYC Outer Boroughs): $51,811, $45,695, $44,718|
|3.||Northern/Central NJ and Southern NJ: $49,347, $36,694|
|4.||Rhode Island: $41,169|
|5.||Philadelphia, PA: $36,294|
|6.||Santa Barbara/Ventura, CA, and Los Angeles, CA: $36,233, $33,745|
|7.||Boston, MA: $35,458|
|8.||Chicago, IL: $35,389|
|10.||Southern Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale and surrounding areas): $33,810|
|11.||Washington, DC, Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland: $33,727|
|12.||Orange County/Inland Empire, CA, and San Diego, CA: $31,954, $30,687|
|13.||San Francisco Bay Area, CA, and California/Nevada (Sacramento, Tahoe and Reno): $31,173, $26,567|
|14.||Baltimore, MD: $30,073|
|15.||Houston, TX: $29,129|
|16.||Pittsburgh, PA: $28,408|
|17.||Dallas, TX: $27,823|
|20.||Austin/San Antonio, TX: $26,329|
- Budget: New York City ( Manhattan) has the highest average wedding budget ($70,730), and Utah has the lowest average wedding budget ($13,214), excluding honeymoon only.
- Age: New York City (Manhattan and Outer Boroughs) has the oldest brides (32 years), whereas West Texas has the youngest brides (24 years), on average.
- Engagements: Northeast brides have the longest engagements (15.5 months), while brides from Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and Mississippi have the shortest (12 months), on average.
- Wedding Size: On average, Nebraska and Iowa brides still have the largest number of wedding guests (213 and 200, respectively), and Hawaii and Nevada still have the smallest number of wedding guests (82 and 59, respectively).
- Wedding Style: Hawaii has the most casual weddings, while Northern/Central New Jersey has the most formal (black-tie) weddings.
- Economy’s Effect: Brides in New Mexico, and California and Nevada ( Sacramento, Tahoe and Reno) were the most affected by the economy, while brides in Alaska and Nebraska were the least affected.
- Registry: Brides in Toledo, Ohio, Kansas and Minnesota are the most likely to register for wedding gifts (96%).
- Were 18 or older
- Had a wedding in 2010