BROOKINGS, S.D., March 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Daktronics Inc. (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D., today released "Digital Billboard Content Guidelines," a free content creation guide offering tips and techniques for best design practices when creating content for digital billboards. "When an outdoor company purchases a digital billboard, they should utilize its full capabilities," said Gina Peterson, Daktronics commercial creative services manager. "Effective digital billboard content is absolutely critical for outdoor advertising companies to realize occupancy rates they expect. We want our outdoor companies to benefit from our more than 40 years of experience in LED technology and more than 20 years as professional digital artists." The guide, previously only available to Daktronics' customers, reveals several best design practice topics as they relate to digital outdoor displays and/or digital billboards, such as:
- Defining composition and layout as they relate to hierarchy of communication
- Typography readability and the effective use of an advertising campaign
- Color and tonal contrast tips and techniques
- Examples of dynamic content
- "Creating Display Content That Sells: Digital Message Display Techniques"
- "Creating Digital Reader Board Content That Sells: For Quick Service Restaurants"