- AGOL is designed for investors who want a cost-effective (1) and convenient way to invest in gold held outside of the United States or Europe. The gold bars are allocated and held in a secure vault in Singapore.
- Investors have further choice in gold holdings and can now diversify from gold epicenters like London and the U.S. into Asia using AGOL or into Switzerland using existing SGOL. Both offered at 0.39%. (1)
- Singapore is the gateway to Asia, and like Switzerland, is widely considered a neutral country. Singapore welcomes free market trade and is a country that is poised for tremendous growth and free of sovereign debt (2) concerns.
- ETFS’ Physical Asian Gold Shares ETP is the first U.S. precious metals product to be vaulted in Asia.
- With AGOL, ETFS now offers seven precious metal ETPs in the U.S. – solidifying our position as market leader in issuance of physically-backed precious metal ETPs.
- Each vault is audited bi-annually and the bar numbers of all the metal holdings are listed on the ETF Securities website, providing investors with insurance that they are, in fact, purchasing the underlying physical metal.
The ETFS Asian Gold Trust, ETFS White Metals Basket Trust, ETFS Precious Metals Basket Trust, ETFS Gold Trust, ETFS Silver Trust, ETFS Palladium Trust and ETFS Platinum Trust are not investment companies registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940 or a commodity pool for purposes of the Commodity Exchange Act. Shares of the Trusts are not subject to the same regulatory requirements as mutual funds. These investments are not suitable for all investors. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.(1) Ordinary brokerage fees apply. (2) A debt instrument guaranteed by a government. Fred Jheon is a registered representative of ALPS Distributors Inc. Risks and Important Considerations The value of the Shares relates directly to the value of the gold held by the Trust and fluctuations based on the price of gold could materially and adversely affect an investment in the Shares. Several factors may affect the price of gold including: A change in economic conditions, such as a recession, can adversely affect the price of gold. An economic downturn could have a negative impact on its demand and, consequently, its price and the price of the Shares; Investors' expectations with respect to the rate of inflation; Currency exchange rates; Interest rates; Investment and trading activities of hedge funds and commodity funds; and global or regional political, economic or financial events and situations. Should there be an increase in the level of hedge activity of bullion producing companies, it could cause a decline in world prices, adversely affecting the price of the Shares. Also, should the speculative community take a negative view towards bullion, it could cause a decline in world gold prices, negatively impacting the price of the Shares. There is a risk that part or all of the Trust's gold could be lost, damaged or stolen. Failure by the Custodian or Sub-Custodian to exercise due care in the safekeeping of the gold held by the Trust could result in a loss to the Trust. Investments in the trust do not constitute a direct investment in the underlying metals.
The Trust is new and have limited operating history. Commodities generally are volatile and are not suitable for all investors. Trust focusing on a single commodity generally experience greater volatility. Since there is no limit on the amount of gold that the Trust may acquire, the Trust, as it grows, may have an impact on the supply and demand of gold. Please refer to the prospectus for complete information regarding all risks associated with the Trusts. Shares in the Trusts are not FDIC insured, may lose value and have no bank guarantee.This material must be accompanied or preceded by a prospectus. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing. Click here to review the prospectus. ALPS Distributors, Inc. is the marketing agent for The ETFS White Metals Basket Trust, ETFS Precious Metals Basket Trust, ETFS Asian Gold Trust, ETFS Gold Trust, ETFS Silver Trust, ETFS Platinum Trust and ETFS Palladium Trust. Certain marketing services may be provided for the ETFS Trusts. Although Shares of the Trust may be bought and sold on the exchange through any brokerage account, they are not individually redeemable directly from the Trust. Investors may acquire Shares and tender them for redemption through the Trust in Basket aggregation only. Please see the prospectus for more details. This press release contains “forward-looking statements” with respect to results of operations, plans, objectives, future performance and business. Statements preceded by, followed by or that include words such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “expect”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “predict”, “potential”, or similar expressions are intended to identify some of the forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and are included, along with the statement, for purposes of complying with the safe harbor provisions of that Act. All statements (other than statements of historical fact) included in this press release that address activities, events or developments that will or may occurring the future, including such matters as changes in commodity prices and market conditions (for Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium and the Shares), the Trusts operations, the Sponsors plans and references to the Trusts future success and other similar matters are forward looking statements. These statements are only predictions. Actual events or results may differ materially.