SAN DIEGO, Feb. 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DistribuTECH -- Comverge, Inc. (Nasdaq:COMV), a leading provider of Intelligent Energy Management solutions for Residential and Commercial and Industrial customers, today unveiled industry-first enhancements across its portfolio of next-generation software, hardware and services. The new releases include IntelliSOURCE 2.0, the latest version of Comverge's industry-leading enterprise-class software platform and operating environment, innovative new energy efficiency devices, and additions to Comverge's customer acquisition and management services. By helping electric utilities, commercial and industrial (C+I) organizations and consumers optimize energy usage, the new releases directly address today's energy challenges while managing the complexities of the evolving smart grid. "Electric utilities and C&I customers need a comprehensive and enterprise-level end-to-end solution to address the scale, scope and complexity of the energy supply and demand challenges our nation faces," said R. Blake Young, CEO and President, Comverge. "The new capabilities in our next generation technologies are a direct result of the comprehensive and proven experience we have perfected in the energy management market and incorporate the feedback we have received from both our utility and commercial and industrial customers. With a number of industry-first innovations, we are perfectly placed to deliver on the promise of intelligent energy management and help our customers improve their energy efficiency to maximize savings." With enhancements across the entire lifecycle of intelligent energy management and energy efficiency programs, the new software, hardware and services deliver the insight and control needed to realize the value from a true and secure two-way dialogue between energy providers and consumers. IntelliSOURCE 2.0 includes a range of industry-firsts in areas such as integrated dynamic pricing and C+I customer support. New smart thermostats and digital control units improve connectivity options through expanded support for industry standards and intuitive display technology and maximize customer engagement in energy management programs. To aid customer enrollment and support, Comverge has also introduced fully integrated customer acquisition and management services.
Next-Generation Hardware, Software and Services
- With more than 30 years experience in the energy management market, Comverge delivers the hardware, software and services required to acquire, manage, control, measure, analyze and optimize the information and resources necessary to conserve energy, manage peak load or comply with government regulations.
- IntelliSOURCE 2.0 includes enhanced:
- Measurement & Verification: Fully integrated measurement and analysis tools for demand response systems enable users to take advantage of two-way, real-time feedback systems to measure and track the performance of a demand response event. Additionally, by integrating data collection, verification threshold and preliminary data analysis, this module enables users to conduct post-event analysis including performance and result verification, customer behavior analysis and detailed system analysis to determine control modifications and optimize event controls.
- Dynamic Pricing Support: The first fully interactive solution for dynamic pricing-based demand response systems allows utilities to track and monitor the performance of price response megawatts in real-time. This new feature enables utilities to model TOU/CPP rates while the integrated customer portal enables residential customers to program home area network devices to respond to varying rates and visualize the results.
- C+I Support: A fully interactive energy management portal for C&I customer's integrates real-time metering data to monitor actual energy consumption versus target base line commitment. Additionally, a new energy management portal enables customers to customize control schemes and measure and analyze event performance.
- Core Enhancements: Significant enhancements to the core IntelliSOURCE platform including security enhancements and module redefinitions that support broader, more cohesive business processes for demand response and intelligent energy management operations.
- Enhancements to innovative energy efficiency devices include:
- New IntelliTEMP 900 Smart Thermostat: Patented, advanced demand response algorithms maximize load reduction and reduce customer discomfort, while innovative display technology ensures that consumers can quickly and easily access data on energy usage. With support for DLC, TOU and CPP, the IntelliTEMP platform also delivers the dual communications technology needed to avoid technology obsolescence. In addition, the new IntelliTEMP thermostat is compliant with USNAP, an open industry association developing industry specifications for connecting energy aware consumer products with smart meters.
- New IntelliPEAK 900 Digital Control Unit (DCU): The next-generation DCU is AMI ready and facilitates two-way secured communication via a built-in 2.4 GHz ZigBee transceiver. The new DCU adapts both linear control and distributed intelligence (DI) to allow smooth adjustment between control levels, eliminating the risk of creating an artificial peak.
- Service upgrades include enhanced IntelliMARKET capabilities:
About Comverge With more than 500 utility and 2,100 commercial customers, as well as five million residential deployments, Comverge brings unparalleled industry knowledge and experience to offer the most reliable, easy-to-use, and cost-effective intelligent energy management programs. We deliver the insight and control that enables energy providers and consumers to optimize their power usage through the industry's only proven, comprehensive set of technology, services and information management solutions. For more information, visit www.comverge.com.
- Customer Acquisition & Management Capabilities: Integrated customer acquisition, work force management and customer care modules facilitate instant customer and installation personnel support. Enhancements include the ability to manage customer profiling and account information to boost customer enrollment and improve the customer's overall experience and satisfaction. Automated workforce dispatch and tracking capabilities offer automatic installation scheduling, work order creation and track and modify technician dispatching. The enhancements also help customers efficiently manage the inventory of demand response equipment. With more than 210,000 residential customer enrollments into mass market DR programs in 2010, and the highest penetration rates in the market, IntelliMARKET provides utility customers with an expert outsourced marketing solution.
CONTACT: Simon Jones PR for Comverge, Inc. 415.856.5155 email@example.com