Cricket Communications Inc., a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless services and a wholly owned subsidiary of Leap Wireless International, Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), today announced the launch and availability of Muve Music in its Las Vegas market. Muve Music, the first wireless rate plan to include unlimited music downloads, is also the first music experience designed specifically for the mobile phone and was named a finalist in the CNET CES Best of Show awards. Beginning today, customers in Las Vegas can purchase the Muve Music unlimited wireless rate plan along with the new Samsung Suede (SCH-r710) mobile phone. Muve Music and the Samsung Suede will be available in Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, MD; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville, TN; Phoenix and Tucson, AZ; San Diego, CA; Milwaukee and Madison, WI and Wichita, KS in February and in additional Cricket markets this spring. “We are very pleased to bring Las Vegas customers our new unlimited wireless rate plan that includes unlimited music. With Muve Music, Cricket has brought together the best of wireless and music in a way no one has ever done before,” said Doug Hutcheson, president and chief executive officer of Cricket Communications. “Muve Music provides a superior mobile experience for customers who want to create a personal music experience without being tethered to a computer.” The Muve Music Rate Plan For just $55 per month, Muve Music customers will get the following features on Cricket’s nationwide 3G network:
- Unlimited nationwide calling
- Unlimited nationwide text, picture & video messaging
- Unlimited global text messaging
- Unlimited 3G mobile Web
- Unlimited email
- Unlimited data back up
- Unlimited video
- Unlimited full track downloads
- Unlimited ringtones
- Unlimited ringback tones
The Muve Music ExperienceMuve Music has a robust catalog of music content which includes the four major record labels: Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and EMI Music. To begin exploring Muve Music, customers press the dedicated Muve Music button on the phone. Once inside they land on the Muve Music homescreen where they will find:
- Get Music: Houses music “storefront” to make it easy for customers to search, explore and download unlimited songs, ringtones and ringback tones.
- My Music: Organizes downloaded music automatically and lets customers create playlists, cut custom ringtones and more, for an easy and truly personal music listening experience
- My DJ: Creates playlists organized by genre, and sends them to the phone so customers easily discover new music they enjoy without searching.
- Get Social: Connects customers with friends and other Muve Music users so they can share what they’re listening to, download playlists, view ringtones and more.
- Shazam: Identifies song title and artist instantly, and links to Get Music so the song can be downloaded with the touch of a single button.